Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Niagara Falls

The Niagara Falls are amazing. It is difficult to describe with words. We only visited the US side this time. First we saw them from above, and I thought they were beautiful, but it was not until we went on the "Maiden of the Mist" boat ride that I felt in complete awe. When you are down there surrounded by the rushing water, and all you can see around you is mist, you can feel the power of God. It was a very moving experience. It is good to remember how insignificant we are.

The next day we took the "Cave of the Winds" tour, where you go down an elevator to the base of the smallest of the three falls. You then get to walk up a number of wooden decks until you arrive to the Hurricane Deck. You get REALLY wet, actually SOAKED!!!

Then later at night the falls are a completely different view. They illuminate them with colored spot lights, and they look just beautiful. I am really happy we got to visit.


Posted by Picasa